To save you from an egregious waste of time, here are just a few of Tammy Beatty's words of wisdom along with my comments.
- Her advice: Have an iPod wedding! It's cheaper to rent a $1,000 set of speakers from Rent-a-Center and buy an iPod than to hire a DJ. You'll also have 100% control!
- Her advice: To save up money for your wedding, give up your daily Starbucks! You'll save about $1,000 over the course of a year!
- Her advice: Check out the following websites because they're packed with totally awesome ideas and advice: The Knot and Wedding Wire!
- Her advice: Buy your own flowers and look at this online guide. Isn't making your own floral arrangements fun and easy?
- Her advice: You'll want pictures of your vows, so only hire a professional photographer for the ceremony. For the reception you'll be more interested in getting pictures of your drunk guests from none other than your drunk guest so who needs a professional! Partition them on Facebook afterwards and have them send you there favorites!
The Bottom Line: If you're planning a small, backyard affair some of these tips might be worth pursuing but with the book feeling more like an aggregate for some of the internet's worst pieces of wedding advice its no wonder that the author Tammy Beatty is, in fact, an ex-wedding planner.