Sunday, January 13, 2013

'Gods of Men' (Children of the Apocalypse) by Joseph Pignataro

Before I make an ass out of myself with this review I feel like I should admit two things:
  1. This is the first graphic novel I've ever picked up. Yes. For reals.
  2. I'm not even capable of drawing a convincing stick figure so please take any 'style' critiques with a heaping cup of salt.
Phew - okay... glad we got that out of the way so now I can continue without feeling too much guilt.

So what did I think of 'Gods of Men' by Joseph Pignataro? Well that's easy; it was terrible. But while I'm at it let's take a second and break that down.
  • Art style: Looked like it was done by someone suffering from the shakes and drawing with their off hand.
  • Story line: What story line? Seriously - this thing had about one thing happen over the entirety of the first installment which to me seemed a bit odd if only because the blurb and accompanying reviews made it seem like something actually, oh... I dunno... HAPPENED!
  • Length: If I'd paid for this I'd have been pissed. Really and truly livid. By the time I'd settled in to a comfortable reading position it was over. Than again, maybe this was a blessing in disguise. If it'd been longer I might have felt like this was a tremendous waste of time and not just a slight annoyance.
Bottom Line: If you or someone you love is about to spend money on this waste of ink please, for the love of literature, knock it out of their hands. And like always if you find that you disagree with me, please please please tell me why in the comments below because as things stand at the moment I'm wondering how on earth this series got such rave reviews everywhere else.

Love what you see here on To the Point? Don't miss the weekly book reviews, monthly reading suggestions and free book giveaways by subscribing here or by following me on Twitter @TheJessle

No comments:

Post a Comment