Saturday, May 4, 2013

'Once Upon a Guest Post' a Guest Post by Jordan Link


Hey, I’m Jordan, and my debut novel, The Sacrificed, is being released on May 6th with Entranced Publishing. With that said, I’m flattered to be on such a popular review blog!

Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, I found myself dreaming. But replace those elegant gowns with sweatshirts, those arching rainbows with deep gray skies, and you have reality. Of course, I’m not one to dwell on the real world. I have never been, and I never will be.

A few years ago, I found retreat in novels. It didn’t take long for me to discover their magic, especially the magic of fantasy and science fiction. Embodying their brittle pages were places: places where I could go when the comfort of friends was nowhere to be found. My imagination expanded like a wildfire. My own dreams were trapped doves, eager to escape their temporary cages. Friends were no longer a must. There were bounties of characters that could tear at my heartstrings, could make me despise them with every grain of my being. A character, no matter how cruel, would never tell me to close the book and leave.

When I first came up with the idea for my manuscript, which would eventually reach that final rung so many authors aspire for, it was not a fairy tale. It was a dark, romantic tale of rebellion, starvation, and the divisions of a society that would never exist unless I wrote it there myself.

The result was the City of Centsia, the homeland of 16-year-old Emerald Hayden and her winged counterpart, Dusk. Though at first its surface appears to be glittering and pristine, like Snow White’s poisoned apple, it doesn’t take long for worms of the city’s corruption to chew through to the surface.
In the end, a real world Cinderella got everything she could ever wish for: a published novel, a glut of trustworthy friends, and another blank Microsoft Word document just waiting for the next enchantment of her fingertips.

Thank you for stopping by Jordan & best of luck with the upcoming release!


More about Jordan Link: 

Jordan Link is currently contracted with Entranced Publishing for her novel "The Sacrificed", which will be released on May 6, 2013. She won first place in Jack L. Chalker's Young Writers Contest of 2012 for her short story “The Bubble”, and attended Balticon 46 last year. She earned an honorable mention on December 3rd for the Young Voices Foundation Short Story Contest and will be published in their anthology "Oh, the Stories They Tell!" which will be available on Amazon. Her early love of reading inspired an equivalent passion towards writing, and she plans to continue doing so.

Jordan can be found at the following internet watering holes: Facebook, the Twitersphere, her blog & good ol' Goodread  

And don't forget to follow @TheJessle or subscribe to TTP to make sure you don't miss tomorrow's bridal title train wreck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment