Sunday, March 3, 2013

Waiting List - March Edition

February has been long, cold, and it dumped an historically high pile of snow that's somehow managing to maintain an icy grip on the surrounding landscape. All I can say is that I'm glad that we're out of the worst of it and I'm looking forward to March's promise of slightly warmer temps as spring starts to eek out a hold on this little corner of New England. 

Besides killing my motivation, February's casualties also included two titles that were slated for review this month: 'Domestic Violets' by Matthew Norman & 'The Witch's Daughter' by Paula Brackston. In past months there's usually a reason for this type of oversight, but this time it comes down to just not having enough time over the weekends (thank you Nemo for the 3 day power outage) to get the reviews written. Simple as that. In other words, expect these two title reviews posted up sometime in the following week... assuming another natural disaster doesn't whip through unexpectedly and rip out some more of my town's already deteriorated infrastructure.  

Two more pieces of news and then onto the regularly scheduled March reading list. The first is a warm welcome to all the new subscribers! And to all the regulars, I'm honored and excited that you've stuck with me. Your patience will soon be rewarded. We have some big things happening in the next few months here on T.T.P. that I can't really talk about in detail yet. So to all the lurkers, if you haven't subscribed yet I promise that you don't want to miss out on some of the stuff coming down the pipe. Remember, you can always subscribe by email here, or by using any of the links in the right-hand sidebar.

The second piece is remember to vote in this months poll. I'm always looking for ways to improve and what's good for me might not be the best for you - so tell me this: Do you want T.T.P to post the official book summaries before the reviews or not? We're currently at a tie and voting ends in about a week so you know what to do.

Now, for the best part. The books planned for March have me really excited:
Last, but certainly not least, this month's Bridal Title segment will be a review of 'A Practical Wedding: Creative Ideas for Planning a Beautiful, Affordable and Meaningful Celebration' by Meg Keene. It was recommended to me by a few people that I've spoken with, so I'm sure I've already got unrealistically high expectations.  

Love what you see? Subscribe here and leave comments. Want to stalk me? Follow me on Twitter @TheJessle.

No comments:

Post a Comment